14 June 2016 (Tuesday) - How Bizarre

I received a phone call today. A lady asked if she could be told the blood group of her husband who had died four years ago.
Before I could say anything she launched into the story of how her husband had two daughters from a previous marriage, but those daughters had serious doubts as to whether the dead chap was actually their father. The daughters were trying to secure the blood groups of this dead chap, the putative father (also deceased) and their mother (also deceased). Apparently the daughters have “done research” and can work out true parentage “by a process of elimination”.

I told the lady that we were not allowed to give out results to patients; she seemed quite happy with this reply.
I wonder if the daughters will proceed with their investigations…. If so I hope someone else takes the phone call…


No comments:

Post a Comment